While power stations do not give off carbon monoxide don't forget that other appliances in the home, such as a gas cooker or gas fire, do. There are detectors that are designed for the home environment that can alert you either to the presence of smoke and fire or carbon monoxide. There are also multifunctional detectors that do both.
Smoke and fire are easily recognizable but carbon monoxide is odorless an colorless. It is a potentially lethal gas produced by incomplete combustion of materials containing carbon and comes from a wide range of sources such as vehicle exhausts, fuel-burning furnaces, small gasoline engines, power washers, charcoal grills, marine engines, propane-powered heaters, gas water heaters, and kerosene heaters.
More information on this subject can be found at the web page of the National Institute for Occupational Safely and Health (NIOSH)
. It's worth a read for a better and fuller understanding of the subject.